The Impressive Canon sx30is
Please have a look at this video:
A GREAT NEW CANON SIBLING
I am very familiar with this family, having owned a Canon SX5 and a SX10. The questions I faced was to either jump to a DSLR, such as the Rebel T2i or 60D. After weighing up the pros and the cons (see below!) I decided to stick with Canon and bought the Canon SX30is. I realized that the sensor is smaller and there isn’t a RAW feature, but I don’t really like to sit with images and Photoshop them. As I live on the beach, I wanted something that would pick out wildlife well, do a good job on the zoom and give me HD video if I wanted it. The Canon sx30is is a perfect choice!
- No more AA batteries, a proprietary lithium ion battery instead. Great choice; it makes lighter. Get a one or two extra for back up, as making videos is demanding on the battery.
- The zoom is just amazing. Disengage the digital zoom (don’t we all?) and use the 35X optical.
- The 720 HD video works very well and you can zoom optically up to 35X. Use a tripod or at least a monopod.
- The grip is a bit larger, which makes it feel more sturdy.
- No printed manual. You have to print out your own (pdf) from a supplied CD. I think Canon should throw in a printed manual, with customer spending this much money.
No RAW mode. If you need it, move up to the Rebel category, but you’ll spend about 4 times as much to get a zoom length of this size.
All in all, this camera is a very good investment and I highly recommend it.
Would you like to read an extensive review
of the Canon SX30IS? Click HERE!
Incoming search terms:
- canon sx IS
- canon sx30
- canon-sx30is com
- canon sx30is
- canon powershot sx30is
- Target/canon cameras Sx30IS
- canon sx30is best price
- canon sx30is
- how much does a canon 35x optical zoom cost